Colorado may be about to try out another experimental lifestyle habit, single payer universal healthcare:
- Colorado May Replace Obamacare with Single Payer
- Prominent Democratic Consultants Sign Up to Defeat Single Payer in Colorado
- Lobbyists Move to Stop Colorado
- Report says ColoradoCare would have higher revenues than McDonald’s
This needs to happen. Just try it out America! If you are so into allowing states to experiment just try it.
What trouble could one little state cause?…
Of course, this is how we got single payer in Canada. Saskatchewan tried it out, slowly country came along. 40 years later our health care system is one of the most commonly cited things Canadians are proud of about our country.
- On Monday, get out of bed half an hour early to do a little bit of planning how to vote.
- Find your voter information card to find out where to vote or if you don’t have one type in your postal code here.
- Determine when you’re going to vote, before work, during or after. Here are the hours polls are open in each province. TL;DR If you’re in the west you can go before work, in the east you have lots of time after work. You can do this.
- Before you leave the house make sure you have:
- your driver’s license,
- or some other photo id plus
- a letter from hydro or the phone company or that parking ticket from last month.
- Stop by Tim Horton’s. Go to Work, School, etc. Go to the voting place. The order depends on you.
- Pat yourself on the back.
On Monday, vote.
Are you fighting with your partner or friend all the time? One simple fix you won’t believe, scientifically proven results!
Bring your friend or partner to vote.
Whether military action is warranted and productive is a case by case decision. That is a discussion to have and the Liberals and Conservative and NDP may be right or wrong on it. Most likely they’re all wrong. I don’t know if Canada’s contribution to air strikes is the best use of our resources or if the current strategy for fighting ISIS is the right one. But I know this, using video clips from the terrorists we are fighting, of prisoners which they were in the process of executing is beyond inappropriate.
I know this has been done this before by the Conservative Party, and probably others have too, but that doesn’t make it alright. You could use images from old wars, dying soldiers or bombings to whip up fear, that would be wrong too. But this is actually worse than using such images, because the prisoners they are showing died recently in the current conflict. Maybe they aren’t even dead yet. They could still be in prisoned or be being tortured. These are actually the people you are trying to save, them and people like them.
Yet it seemed reasonable to use an image of the worse moment, and likely the last moments, in the lives of these prisoners to score a minor point on one of your opponents?
This is the definition of fear mongering and it is insulting to the intelligence of Canadians. But above all, it is a supremely disrespectful use of the prisoners whom ISIS has killed, the very people we are arguing about how to protect and save.
The Conservative party must stop using these images in their attack ads and completely and fully apologize for their usage including firing everyone who thought it was a good idea.